This is such a fine easy and so good prawn Aglio Olio recipe from Chef Nik Michael Imran (I added some squids to this which makes it even more yummy). First time actually tried this last night eventhough heard about its goodness. Well no regrets as it was so super duper delicious and a perfect meal that even hubby love it. Those who have not tried it or those who want something very simple and quick to prepare, this has got to be for you...try it out...
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp roasted chilli flakes
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp oregano flakes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 8 shelled, deveined tigar prawn or medium sized shrimp, tail-on
- Some Squids/sotong (slice into rounds) - if desired
- 150g cooked spaghetti (reserve about 2 tbsp of the cooking water)
- Salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil on medium heat and add prawns and squids.
- Saute until they are almost cooked (they should still be slightly raw inside at this point).
- Add the garlic and swirl pan around while it sizzles. The garlic should be translucent and not browned.
- Add the spaghetti with a little of the pasta water. This is to lubricate the flavours to melt easier and not to make it watery.
- Season with parsley, oregano flakes, chilli flakes, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Dish out and serve immediately with grated parmesan cheese
A great simple pasta dish for you to try.
Yummy..only that I did not have any parmesan cheese at home that moment, only had mozarella so I instead mix them together with the pasta before dishing it out, and they were delicious.