This mini sausage puffs makes as a perfect snack at home or during road trips. I made these lovelies yesterday for tea and they were just awesome what more when it started to rain after some hot weather we were experiencing, it surely was simply fantastic. Try this simple recipe below for a superb perfect snack for you and your loved loves at home. They are really easy to make.
- Sausages of your choice (I use garlic sausages)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Frozen puff pastry, thawed
- All purpose flour, for dusting work surface
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven at 400 deg F and line baking baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg with water and set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, cut one sheet of pastry into 3 strips measuring 3 inches. Cut each strip crosswise into 6 rectangles, each about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Place a sausage on the narrow end of a pastry strip. Roll up to enclose the sausage. Set them on the baking sheet seam side down and press gently to seal. Repeat for the remaining sausages and pastry.
- Brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Let chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with tomato/chilli ketchup.