At last, made this last night after so much KIVs...hehehe. Its true what is said about this incredible Japanese Cotton Cheesecake...it is nice but it is also so painfully difficult to make, terlampau banyak pantang-larang just like the macarons!
My Japanese Cotton Cheesecake did not look as it should especially its top as it cracks quite a lot due to too high heat, and I made a big mistake of not folding it gently when adding the whisked egg white into the cheese mixture. Well anyway, since this is my first time and I know the mistakes I did, hopefully it will turn out perfect the next time.
Apa-apa pun Japanese Cotton Cheesecake ini tersangatlah sedap dan tersangatlah yummy. It is a very delicate cheesecake, with a soft, moist, light and fluffy crumb, so irresistible! You can never get enough with only a slice!...Not to worry as this cheesecake is a diet-friendly dessert as it uses less cream cheese, sugar and fat than the regular normal cheesecake....
Recipinya senang untuk prepare kerana ianya memerlukan cuma sedikit bahan dan prosesnya pun mudah cuma perlu berhati-hati membuat meringue kerana ianya yang akan menentukan samada cake ini menjadi atau tidak. Putih telur hendaklah dipukul/whipped to soft peaks and to be easily incorporated into the cream cheese mixture without deflating them. Suhu oven hendaklah betul tidak terlalu panas supaya bahagian atas cake tidak masak terlalu cepat dan crack dan bahagian dalam tidak masak dengan elok.
Saya kongsi di bawah ini resipi untuk membuat Japanese Cotton Cheesecake ini dari blog Home Cooking Adventure dan berharap anda akan mencubanya. Saya percaya anda tidak akan menyesalinya kerana ianya tersangatlah yummy.
Happy baking my friends! Maaf ye resipi ini dalam bahasa Inggeris...malas nak translate! huhuhu.
JAPANESE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Home Cooking Adventure
- 6 eggs
- 250g cream cheese, room temperature
- 50g butter, room temperature
- 100 ml milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract/essence
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 60g flour
- 20g cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 135g sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C). Lightly grease an 8 inch (20cm) springform pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper. The sides need to be about 4 inch in height. Wrap the pan with 2 layers of heavy duty aluminium foil.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract/essence. Let it cool. Add the egg yolks and lemon juice then sift the flour, the cornstarch and salt over the mixture. Whisk until well combined.
- Start whipping the whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar and whip the whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually fold the whipped whites into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, tap the pan to release air bubbles, place the pan into a larger pan and place in the oven.
- Pour hot water until about half way up the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 1 hr and 10 minutes until golden brown and then turn off oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly opened for 15-30 minutes
- The cake deflates a little bit and pulls away from the sides of the pan
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool
- Transfer into a serving plate and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Cut with hot knife.