To those who are looking for a truly yummylicious banana cake, search no more as I am pleased to share with you this beautiful recipe from Dorothy Ng found in her "Complete Asian Meals" cookbook.
I have tried them out several times and they never failed me each time, truly delicious. So wont you too try them out with the recipe given below. Leave me your comments once you have done this so sedap banana cake.....happy baking everyone....
- 250gm butter
- 225gm castor sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6-8 riped bananas (pisang emas or pisang berangan), mashed
- 340gm self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- Grease baking tin with butter. Line tin with greaseproof paper
- Beat butter and sugar till creamy white.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat till fluffy
- Add milk, vanilla essence, lemon juice and mashed bananas.
- Beat continuously for 2 minutes. fold in flour (sift with bicarbonate soda)
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for 45 minutes.
- Test by running a thin skewer or satay stick in centre of cake. If it comes out clean, then cake is done.